Top 5 Steps For Perfect Lips
How To Get Moisturized & Gorgeous Lips.
Dawes Custom Cosmetics knows how important healthy looking and feeling lips are now more than ever, since lips have stolen the show as much as eyebrows recently and it's all about the perfect pout which means dry, flaky lips are a definite No-No. To avoid dry chapped lips, look for brands that offer all-natural ingredients with moisturizing oils.
What you'll notice with Dawes Custom Cosmetics Lipsticks formula, even the matte long-lasting lipsticks, is that they won't dry out lips like regular chemical based lipsticks, as Dawes lipsticks and glosses are: 100% mineral based
- Gluten Free
- Talc and Bismuth Oxychloride Free
- Cruelty Free
- Paraben Free
- Sulfate Free
- No Synthetic Fragrances
- No Phtalates
- No GMO’s
- No Triclosan
- Made in the USA
- Many products are Vegan Friendly
However, that doesn't mean skimp on the TLC, as air-conditioning, heating, sun, and flying can still wreak havoc.
Whether you're a glossy or matte girl, lippy or lipgloss fan, it really starts with creating a hydrated, smooth canvas, just as you would with your face.
Here are my top 5 tips for keeping your lips looking gorgeous, plump and hydrated all year round.
*Since creating this video I've learned that Laneige is NOT cruelty free and no longer recommend this product.*
Top 5 Steps For Perfect Lips:
1. Use a hydrating balm such as By Terry Balm de Rose which is cruelty-free. I also wear this at the gym to keep my lips hydrated and give them a sheer natural pink sheen.
2. Use a lip exfoliator to get rid of any dead skin. You can use a sugar scrub, dry toothbrush, or even a dry facecloth/flannel.
3. Use a lip pencil to create the lip shape that you want and prevent the lipstick bleeding beyond the lip line. This is especially important when using a darker or red lipstick.
4. Use a primer before you apply lipstick to create a smooth base. We love Dawes Custom Cosmetics 24/7 Moisturizing & Volumizing Lip Treatment which can be worn under or over lip color or on it's own. It instantly and visibly smoothes, plumps, and hydrates lips while reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and improving your lip contour by stimulating collagen production. Non-sticky and non-greasy, this can be worn on it's own or under or over lipstick.
5. Finally, apply your favorite shade of Dawes custom cosmetics lipstick or lipgloss. You can layer a lipstick and a gloss for a longer lasting or more intense color. If using just lipstick you can either blot with tissue paper and dust with setting powder between layers or just blot.
Have photos of your perfect lipstick? We love seeing them. Feel free to share or comment below.